Wednesday, 5 December 2018 is International Volunteers Day. Several of the firm’s Solicitors carry out pro bono work with agencies such as FLAC (Free Legal Advice Centre) in Limerick.
FLAC is an independent human rights organisation dedicated to the realisation of equal access to justice for all. FLAC’s vision is of a society where everyone can access a fair and accountable mechanisms to vindicate their rights. FLAC’s mission and vision is guided by the following core values: –
- Co-operation: FLAC will work with other organisations to better achieve our goals and objectives.
- Equality and non-discrimination: FLAC is committed to respect for others and to the elimination of discrimination in all its forms.
- Independence: FLAC is an independent organisation. Our governance, programmes and policies will be non-partisan and independent.
- Respect for universal human rights principles: FLAC seeks to advance international and national standards that promote human rights and recognises that human rights are fundamental to everyone and permeate all areas of law.
- Social responsibility: FLAC has a sense of social responsibility which inspires the organisation to work with and support those in need.
- Valuing staff: FLAC respects the individual skills and abilities of staff and interns and promotes good work practices. We value staff excellence, accountability and creativity and support their professional development.
- Volunteers: FLAC values its volunteers and acknowledges that they are a core component in building a society which provides equal access to justice.
- Working with integrity: In carrying out its goals and objectives, FLAC aims to conduct its work with integrity, high standards and professionalism.
In addition, the firm has a proven track record of taking part in volunteer community fundraising initiatives for organisations such as St. Gabriels, Enable Ireland, Headway, Clare Crusaders to mention but a few.
Ronan Hynes, Head of Litigation & Dispute Resolution commented: “As a business firm, we are mindful of our social responsibility obligations. We are incredibly proud that several of our solicitors advise in the Limerick Citizens Advice Centre, which helps members of our community make informed choices about their situation. Volunteering from local community level upwards has the power to integrate communities, develop lifelong friendships and give back to society as a whole.”
Should you require more information, please contact Ronan Hynes, on 061 432 348 or by email at email@example.com.